Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Case of Sharrukh Khan: a man with a Flawed Thinking

Recently in Abudhabi, I was watching a Pak TV channel. It pained me to listen that Sharrukh Khan felt insecure in India. The program went on to quote him verbatim and as a patriotic Indian all this looked very bad. I expected Sharrukh to rebut this program,but till date it has not happened.
Sharrukh Khan is a Muslim star in a predominant Hindu country. He has risen up on the back of this vast Hindu populace. This is not a cliche, but a fact of everyday life. Sharrukh is nothing without this mass support from a predominant Hindu fan following. One wonders how Mr. Khan is feeling insecure in India with millions adulating him. For Sharrukh Khan to feel insecure is a traversity of Indian secularism.
I am reminded of an earlier star Dilip Kumar(Yusaf Khan) who also was involved in dubious actions. This man strutted about the stage in 1962 as patriot, when China attacked India. But come the 1965 war with Pakistan and Dilip Kumar failed to laud the Indian war effort or condemn Pakistan. One wondered where his loyality was. Sharrukh has not covered himself with glory and has shown that basically he is a small man with a petty mind. I wonder he knows about Muslim leaders like Maulana Azad and Humuyan Kabir who left Jinnah to be with Gandhi. Sharruks actions should not condoned. Its about time somebody thre the gauntalet and picked it up.India is too great a country to be trivalized by a man who cannot see beyond the horizon

2 comments:

  1. I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete