Saturday, January 16, 2016

My Favorite Punjabi Singer * 75

I have a confession to make and that concerns Punjabi Music. I simply love it and Punjabi singers like Gurudas Mann and Stereo nation are my favorites. I wonder how manay have heard Stereo Nation. About a decade he was on top , but now he has somewhat faded away, but for me he still is a favorite. Stereo Nation is a assumed name and his real name Tarsem Singh Saini and he was born in Englsnd in 1967, though his family hails from Punjab.
Tarsem Singh Saini 

Tarsem Singh is a unique singer witha distinct voice and he mixes rap with Punjabi and the concotion is simply heady. His songs  "Pyar ho Gaya" and "nachage saari Raat" were great hits at one time, but I still tune it to them. While writing this post I have these songs running in the background. Another favorite of mine is old timer Cliff Richard. He was born in Bangalore and that is a added snippet about him that I like.  But hats off to Tarsem, I am waiting for his latest album. I am told he is making a come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment