Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Crocodile meat is eaten in America *. 67

 I recently received a letter from an American friend who informed me that crocodile meat is eaten in Louisiana State of the United States. This really surprised me as I am unable to digest the fact that people eat crocodile meat. In fact it beats my imagination. I am told that Crocodile meat is a delicacy and the tail meat is costlier. People in some eating joints are served ‘Gator burger’ or ‘Alligator Smoked Sausage’. These are available more in ‘French Market’ area along Mississippi river in New Orleans city.
It stands to reason that alligator farms where the crocodiles are bred and reared only for commercial purpose (human consumption) are also around. Alligator heads (after the taxidermy) are also available for sale and their price may vary from $ 15-50 depending on the size of the head. Some people have bizarre tastes

No comments:

Post a Comment